[Vision2020] MSD Salaries and Jack Wenders' advertisement

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 21 11:37:59 PDT 2005

Dear Melynda & Visionaries:

I, too, found myself wondering, "Why?"

In addition to the points you eloquently make, I've personally come to two
further conclusions based on my wonderings.

1)  Jack Wenders has more money than sense.

2)  Jack Wenders is desperate and seems to have a *very* low opinion of our
community if he thinks we'll fall for his attempt to confuse a FACILITIES
bond issue with MDS employee salaries.  This disingenuous attempt of his
seems to be some sort of perverted bait-and-switch ploy in which he seems to
think tossing salaries out there will make us "forget" that the issue at
hand has to do with FACILITIES.

Unlike some, I've actually been *in* the facilities in question more than
just a few times over the past decade or so, and I've tried to learn about
the problems and possible solutions by reading, researching, and talking to
those involved in all aspects of the process *rather than* just playing
around with numbers on paper and/or asking 11th hour questions.

It's no secret I support the bond, and it is my *sincere* hope come Tuesday
that our community will send an unmistakable message to Mr. Wenders that we
didn't fall for his shameful tactics.  I'm willing -- no, I'm looking
forward -- to put my money where my mouth is to provide adequate facilities
for our community's future:  our children.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
Edmund Burke