[Vision2020] The Pastor Man Can (A Song Parody)

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:52:59 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries,

First, the very white Doug compares himself to a black man being picked upon
by bigots (dougwils.com) and now I hear that he has also had the God-awful
nerve to compare himself to a Jew in the Warsaw ghetto.  So, what do we know
about Doug?  Well, he used to be the music minister at Community Evangelical
Fellowship, and he thinks he's a black Jew.  I don't know about you, but
that suggests to me another song parody.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

The Pastor Man
By Sammy Davis Wilson, Jr.

Pastor Man, Hey Pastor Man
Everybody gather around and listen because
I'm the Pastor Man

Who can take the BOE, tell them things not true
Baffle them with bullshit, a technicality or two
The Pastor Man, oh the Pastor Man can
The Pastor Man can 'cause he mixes it with crap
and makes the world go blind

Who can take a building, cancel out its tax
Soak the rest of us because the county board is lax
The Pastor Man, the Pastor Man can
The Pastor Man can 'cause he tells a load of lies
and makes the whole town pay

The Pastor Man makes everything he says seem satisfying and delicious
But it's really not nutritious, you're better off with loaves and fishes

Oh, who takes dirty laundry, dips it in a stream
Bangs it on a rock and pretends that it is clean
The Pastor Man, oh the Pastor Man can
The Pastor Man can 'cause he pays attorney fees
and that's what shysters do

The Pastor Man makes everything he takes seem like it's his own fair share
But if you're just standing there, he might even steal your hair

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Who can make your taxes rise up to the sky
Who has dropped the burden on poor old you and I
The Pastor Man, the Pastor Man can
The Pastor Man can 'cause he doesn't want to pay
until they haul his ass to jail
Yes, the Pastor Man can 'cause he's hidden his checkbook
until they prosecute his ass
And the BOE, too
a-Pastor Man, a-Pastor Man, a-Pastor Man