[Vision2020] answers....answers.....answers

Michael Curley curley at turbonet.com
Wed Apr 20 10:44:46 PDT 2005

Donovan:

RE our reply to Debbie Gray:

> Also, you should not have the same firm do the study as the one that
> does the project... What do you think the > results of the study are going to be 99% of the time?

They were not done by the same people/firm.  They were not done
anywhere close to the same time.  I.E., study done by one firm
(Matrix, as I recall), architect work done by another (Hummel, I
think).

> I am not saying Scott is not an honest guy. What I am saying is that
> the FPC did not take the common sense approach to doing bids.

As far as I know THERE ARE NO "BIDS" as such.  If people keep beating
the on "Bids," that poor old dead horse ain't gonna get a breath
closer to standing up.   I believe, but am certainly open to
correction, the District has no commitment to Hummel even if the bond
passes.  Someone other than I knows the more complete story and
history, but I can't point you to him--maybe Bob Celebrezze, the high
school principal (who was on the committee--sorry Bob).  What I think
might be most ironic here is that, if my memory serves me correctly,
a big selling (buying?) point of Hummel to some committee members at
the time of selection was that Hummel was responsible for the
remodel/rebuild of the Boise high school in its DOWNTOWN.  Some
members thought they were best suited to give us both sides of the
story based on their experience (they had also built other non-
downtown schools).

Mike