[Vision2020] Employment statistics per county

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Tue Apr 19 21:57:41 PDT 2005

Here's a little help on navigating the census factfinder site. If the
info below doesn't help, email me and I can ask my brilliant office mate
for further guidance (she will probably glare at me for
this... so i am not using her name...) Also Idaho Commerce & Labor has
tons of stuff at: http://cl.idaho.gov/portal/ (under statistics and
research)

Go to:
http://factfinder.census.gov/home/saff/main.html?_lang=en

In the box where it says get a fact sheet for your city/county/etc,
type  LATAH then
select Idaho (or whatever county you are looking for)
click GO
this will bring up a fact sheet for latah (you could also get one for
moscow)
scroll down to 'economic characteristics' and click 'see more'

Then you will see

Total Employed civilian population 16 years and over
number  percent
17,223  100.0

OCCUPATION
number   percent
Management, professional, and related occupations
6,807    39.5
Service occupations
2,831    16.4
Sales and office occupations
4,165    24.2
Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations
421     2.4
Construction, extraction, and maintenance occupations
1,432   8.3
Production, transportation, and material moving occupations
1,567   9.1

AND ALSO

INDUSTRY
number  percent
Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting, and mining
972  5.6
Construction
807  4.7
Manufacturing
941  5.5
Wholesale trade
282  1.6
Retail trade
1,969  11.4
Transportation and warehousing, and utilities
435   2.5
Information
442  2.6
Finance, insurance, real estate, and rental and leasing
513  3.0
Professional, scientific, management, administrative, and waste management
services
1,131  6.6
Educational, health and social services
6,847  39.8
Arts, entertainment, recreation, accommodation and food services
1,507  8.7
Other services (except public administration)
802   4.7
Public administration
575   3.3

AND ALSO

CLASS OF WORKER
number  percent
Private wage and salary workers
9,498   55.1
Government workers
6,275  36.4
Self-employed workers in own not incorporated business
1,350  7.8
Unpaid family workers
100    0.6

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Dick Schmidt wrote:

> All,
>
> Does anyone know of a website where it would list the type of employment
> such as breaking down the number of government employees (federal, city,
> county, state, university, schools, etc) and the number of private jobs
> by county?
>
> Dick Schmidt

Debbie

  Debbie Gray      dgray at uidaho.edu
  We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
  so as to have the life that is waiting for us." --Joseph Campbell