[Vision2020] Sport Ethics Question

Kai Eiselein editor at lataheagle.com
Fri Apr 15 13:10:29 PDT 2005

Improve the level of play?????
Surgery is performed to repair damage, not to *enhance* performance. You are
comparing apples to oranges here.
I had 3 pins put in my right hip when I was 14 because of a football injury.
Nearly a year later I was able to walk again. Two years after the surgery I
was wrestling, but I had to work 3 times as hard as anybody else to make up
for the lost time. Running any type of distance was hell, and to this day I
have a limp.
I really don't think it improved my level of play, but it did increase my
ability to work through setbacks.

Kai T. Eiselein
Editor
Latah Eagle