[Vision2020] Ten Simple Questions on the Bond

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 13:09:58 PDT 2005

Once again, rather than actually answering the questions, they just laugh
and ignore them. Either that or they call you disrespectful for having the
nerve to actually ask a question. When you treat people that ask questions
badly fewer people are going to ask you questions which means more people
will vote against the bond because they are unclear what they are voting on.
There was nothing condescending or disrespectful to my questions. The
answers to these questions are a concern to many people. That is why I have
asked them.

So let me respond to what Mr. Hansen did write.

>"You seemed to have answered Question #1 with Question #3.  Simple logic
>dictates that costs relating to making appropriate modifications of a high
>school to suit the needs of 55 students would be far less than making those
>same modifications for considerably more students."

NO Mr. Hansen. First, ADA and state safety regulations must apply to the
entire building. So it does not matter if there are 2 or 2,000 students in a
building. A faucet leaks regardless of who is in the building. Second, a
good portion of that money is being used just to knock down the old 1968
Annex.  They are not just using one portion of the building, they are using
the entire building (except the 91 annex). They are not confining them to
just one floor of the building. A building cannot be less adequate and safe
just because students have more space.

Further, the actual number of students for the alternative high school is 37
when counted as  full time credit hours. This means that we are spending
$400,000 for 37 students just on repairs to a building. Costs to heat, run,
and maintain a building designed to hold 550 students for just 37 full time
student seems like a huge waste of money and very expensive to the taxpayer.

>"Perhaps Mr. Arnold should have attended that logic course that he
>mentioned
>in an earlier posting?"

If you were not a liberal you would be ripped apart for making such an
unkind remark. But you are liberal so many liberals on here will just
pretend they did not see it.

>- Questions 4 thru 9 lack sufficient substantiation as to suggest any
>meanwhile response -

The cost of the bond to the individual taxpayer is NOT a legitimate
question? What planet are you from??? YOU BET that is a concern!!!!! And one
that is YET to be answered. Most people like to know how much and what they
are buying before handing over the cash. Instead some of you supports just
laugh in our face and say it does not matter or treat us like we are rude
for asking such a question. I tell you, the failure of this bond will be due
to the disrespect more then it will be what is in it. Many people want to
help out with West Park and Russell. But we are not getting straight
answers. We are getting the finger or the runaround.

>"Donovan Arnold has found the solution to all of the University of Idaho's
>budget problems.  We will simply terminate any (and all) financial funding
>of all campus buildings constructed since 1939.  A photo of the 1939 UI
>campus of which I have available on my primary website at:"

That is what the MSD is saying with the High School Mr. Hansen. You missed
what I was saying.

>"Gee, Mr. Arnold.  There are a lot of departments on campus that aren't
>going
>to like this."

Your are right! Lots of departments on campus are not going to buy the High
School is too old and we need a new one when they are working in buildings
much older than MHS. Something you should think about.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold