[Vision2020] Nothing but the facts

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Thu Apr 14 11:52:09 PDT 2005

REGULAR BOARD MEETING
December 14, 2004

II. DETERMINE QUORUM
The Chair asked the clerk to determine if a quorum of the Board was present
for the
meeting. The clerk responded that four trustees were in attendance and a
quorum was
present. Trustees present were Dawn Fazio, Chair, Zone 4, Margaret Dibble,
Vice Chair,
Zone 5, Tim Kinkeade, Zone 1, and Keely Emerine Mix, Zone 2. Paul
Weingartner, Zone 3,
was absent.

The staff present were Candis R. Donicht, Superintendent, Kevin McDonough,
Director of
Special Services/Human Resources, Cindy Bechinski, Curriculum Director, Sue
Driskill,
Business Manager/Treasurer, and Annette Erickson, Clerk.

Minutes
December 14, 2004 Regular Meeting
Page 5

F.
The Trail Family LLC, in an effort to encourage continuing public school
education
and support, has agreed in principle to gift 30 acres of their property and
to sell an
additional 10 acres of their land at fair market value to the District for a
new
Moscow High School. The property adjoins Mountain View Park in northeast
Moscow.

G.
............ He, (Ken Medlin) learned from a reputable realtor today that
the Trail family has sought rezoning of 500 acres near to the new high
school site. Traffic and congestion is not good for the kid’s environment.
It is not good to have duplication of athletic facilities and playing fields
with the new Hamilton-Lowe center. Medlin urged again the need for
vocational education. Don't emotionally go for a new high school because of
a donation. This is a very important
decision. We need better facilities for our kids, Medlin stated. Dr.
Bechinski corrected the information in Item IV. E, the MJHS subgroup to
“economically disadvantaged” not “economically disadvantaged white students
”

For those present at the Saturday, April 9th, 2005 open house, Dave Trail
told us all that he loves farming and would not develop the surrounding land
 I, Phil Roderick asked if the tax payers could have in writing that he
would not rezone the rest of the 500 plus acres for 30 years. I was told to
shut up and sit down. Dave Trail did not answer, completely ignored my
question and gruffly sat down.

Remember to follow the money. The tide is rising.

Phil Roderick