[Vision2020] Flip-Flop Part II

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Wed Apr 13 21:50:53 PDT 2005

Looking back through the archives of V2020 one will see that Donovan Arnold was
at one time a supporter of not only public education, but also a supporter of funding
public education.  Look at some of his posts from the past and then look at some
of his posts from recent history.

Here is a quote to consider:

"Land, buildings, teachers, books, computers, pencils, pens, overhead
projectors, televisions, software, hardware, lighting, water, food, desks,
chairs, paperclips, staples, erasers, and power are all effective tools in
providing an education.

Land, buildings, teachers, books, computers, pencils, pens, overhead
projectors, televisions, software, hardware, lighting, water, food, desks,
chairs, paperclips, staples, erasers, and power all cost money.

If you do not supply the money, we will not have Land, buildings, teachers,
books, computers, pencils, pens, overhead projects, televisions, software,
hardware, lighting, water, food, desks, chairs, paperclips, staples, erasers
and power.

. . .

So since I am pro-education, I am pro money for schools. I think this is
pretty obvious. If you want to argue that we don't need these things for
education in the 21st century, go right ahead. I think people that make
excuses not to pay are either misinformed, or greedy. Any good person who
benefited from the labor and works of a community should want to use want
(what not want) they received from that goodness to help others out as well.

. . .

BUT, if you want to argue that are (our not are) schools have enough teachers, and our
schools have enough money and supplies to effectively operate you have a
problem with thinking logically."

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2003-May/002134.html

So which one are you Donovan, misinformed or greedy.  Did you not benefit from this
community or even this school?  Must not have since you are not willing to help others
as well.  So really Donovan, are you pro-education and also pro-money or have you
changed your mind?  By the way, what century are we in?

Tim

P.S. Did you ever look at V2020 when you were supposed to be working for the students
at UI as an ASUI Senator?  Did you ever post anything on V2020 from your office in ASUI
while on student time?  Does the cat call the kettle black?  If so, you owe me time
that you wasted either posting or viewing from the ASUI office, especially if during
this time spent viewing V2020 was when you should have been lobbying for my residence
hall, Chrisman.  Oh wait, but we never met, you and I don't know each other.  I never
met you when I lived on Chrisman or when I lived on Lewis St or when my sister lived
on Lewis St in the same building as you.  Weird, I guess we never met Donovan, I must
have been mistaken.