[Vision2020] Idaho Public Schools 15-year Trends

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 16:01:16 -0700

Mr... Spencer,

I fail to understand how you were able to come to all those conclusions from
just a few words I wrote.

First, I apologize if my email seemed to be directed at Mr... Courtney, you,
or anyone else personally. I never stated, nor meant to imply that it was
the "intention" of anyone to hurt children. Just that personal agendas can
result in the hurting of children.

However, you seem to have missed the intent of what I was saying so I will
help to clarify it for you.

Land, buildings, teachers, books, computers, pencils, pens, overhead
projectors, televisions, software, hardware, lighting, water, food, desks,
chairs, paperclips, staples, erasers, and power are all effective tools in
providing an education.

Land, buildings, teachers, books, computers, pencils, pens, overhead
projectors, televisions, software, hardware, lighting, water, food, desks,
chairs, paperclips, staples, erasers, and power all cost money.

If you do not supply the money, we will not have Land, buildings, teachers,
books, computers, pencils, pens, overhead projects, televisions, software,
hardware, lighting, water, food, desks, chairs, paperclips, staples, erasers
and power.

So here is my logical arguments based on the assumptions listed above.

No (money)=no (Land, buildings, teachers, books, computers, pencils, pens,
overhead projectors, televisions, software, hardware, lighting, water, food,
desks, chairs, paperclips, staples, erasers, and power.)

No (Land, buildings, teachers, books, computers, pencils, pens, overhead
projectors, televisions, software, hardware, lighting, water, food, desks,
chairs, paperclips, staples, erasers, and power.)
=
No (education.)

So since I am pro-education, I am pro money for schools. I think this is
pretty obvious. If you want to argue that we don't need these things for
education in the 21st century, go right ahead. I think people that make
excuses not to pay are either misinformed, or greedy. Any good person who
benefited from the labor and works of a community should want to use want
they received from that goodness to help others out as well.

If you want to argue that our system of government sucks, I will back you on
that one.

If you want to argue that  we can improvement  our educational system, you
have my support.

If you want to argue that our system of taxation and collection is unfair,
you have my support.

BUT, if you want to argue that are schools have enough teachers, and our
schools have enough money and supplies to effectively operate you have a
problem with thinking logically.

There is no school, organization, and business on the planet that has enough
money. The question is, can the school system operate effectively with the
cuts it has received? The only way we can know for sure is if in 20-30 years
the students that went through our educational system are successful.

I think this is a big gamble, and I prefer to minimize the odds of losing
that gamble as much as possible by making education a top priority in Idaho.
I hope and wish all others will too.

If someone thinks I am an extreme liberal because I want the children of
Moscow Idaho to receive a good education so they can be prosperous in their
future endeavors, then I will be called a liberal. If people think that
makes me a conservative, I will be called that too. But I think of it as
just being human.
Thanks!

Donovan Arnold