[Vision2020] Vote no on the school levy

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:53:17 PDT 2005

"I believe the establishments in which they drank  were similar to the
schools..."--Ron Force

Do you mean bars, or where they lived and ate?

Schools today often contain at least the technology of a modern home. This
was not the case until after WWII. Schools where the first buildings built
for the community in American History after homes and barns. But they also
served as community gatherings, city hall, and in some cases also as a
CHURCH. They historically were also the last to be brought up to snuff.
Homes and barnes were considered more important.
Schools later went to a grade system with a center core for all students and
classrooms off the core. The entrance had a boys cloak room and a girls
cloak room or a boys and girls room. Later, after the invention of the
modern water closet the toilet was placed indoors. Of course this met fierce
resistance, who wanted to move that business INSIDE?

The interesting thing is that almost every school building built since 1911
has had an auditorium. However, if the new school building is built it will
not have an auditorium.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold