[Vision2020] Politics and Education

Ron Force rforce at moscow.com
Tue Apr 12 09:14:01 PDT 2005

At the federal level, bios of the Congress can be found in the Congressional
Directory:

Congressional Directory: Main Page

Cover of the 2003-04 Congressional Directory.The Congressional Directory is
the official directory of the U.S. Congress, prepared by the Joint Committee
on Printing (JCP). Published since 1888, the Congressional Directory
presents short biographies of each member of the Senate and House, listed by
state or district, and additional data, such as committee memberships, terms
of service, administrative assistants and/or secretaries, and room and
telephone numbers.
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/cdirectory/index.html

The Idaho Blue Book does the same for Idaho, but it's not online. Most
libraries should have a copy:

What is a Blue Book?

The Idaho Blue Book is published biennially in odd-numbered years under the
direction of the Secretary of State. It contains constitutional, historical
and statistical information about the state of Idaho. It also details the
structure of Idaho's government and includes biographies of elected
officials. The book is distributed free to all schools and libraries in the
state upon request.
http://www.idsos.state.id.us/elect/bluebook.htm

Washington has a Website for legislator's bios:
http://www1.leg.wa.gov/House
http://www1.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/

For both Idaho and Washington, information is provided by the individual
legislator, so what's available varies. Some list education, others don't,
etc.

Ron Force          Moscow ID USA
rforce at moscow.com
 That in mind, I wonder
if there is a resource that attempts to list state and federal politicians
along with their education and experience. I want to know how many of our
politicians have mastered at least some complex subject? How many graduated
in a subject that can be mastered while partying every evening? How many
have no higher education at all? Does anybody have any ideas where such a
resource might exist?

It is time we valued education.Perhaps we should start with our
leadership......

Jim Meyer

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com