[Vision2020] Politics and Education

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Tue Apr 12 07:58:19 PDT 2005

All,
We live in a complex world. Only through education and sufficient experience
can one even hope to achieve an understanding of a reasonable number of the
world's complexities. (Without understanding, decision making must logically
be based on superstitition, emotion, or groupthink.) That in mind, I wonder
if there is a resource that attempts to list state and federal politicians
along with their education and experience. I want to know how many of our
politicians have mastered at least some complex subject? How many graduated
in a subject that can be mastered while partying every evening? How many
have no higher education at all? Does anybody have any ideas where such a
resource might exist?

It is time we valued education.Perhaps we should start with our
leadership......

Jim Meyer