[Vision2020] Challenge to Doug

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:26:16 PDT 2005

Doug says:

"Jesus exhorts us to behave in a certain way because of this truth. Not only
are we commanded to seek God's blessings from Him, we are then commanded to
do to others what we would like to receive from them. This is based on two
criteria.

The first concerns answered prayer. If we are churlish with others, we
cannot approach God with any understanding of divine goodness and readiness
to respond. In prayer we will be like a dog staring at the Mona Lisa, trying
to understand it -- out of our depth. If we are giving evil things to one
another, we cannot understand God's willingness to be good to His people.

The second concerns the Christian's understanding of, and submission to, the
Law and the Prophets. Jesus here tells us that the "Golden Rule" is the Law
and the Prophets. Remember that earlier in (an) sermon Christ had expressly
disavowed any intention of setting aside the law of God."

First, how much more "churlish" can a PASTOR than one that calls others
names, condemning people he neither knows nor has the power/authority to?

If we all need to submit to the Law and the Prophets...why is it he doesn't?

He sets the law aside when it comes to his having to pay his fair share of
taxes - yet he feels free to use the facilities and roads the rest of us pay
for.  He constantly calls people names and labels them as unfit for God
(like he is?)  He looks for ways to cheat not only the government, but the
people he is suppsed to be caring for as a pastor (ordained?)

I challenge you, Doug, to properly use the Golden Rule and start respecting
that every living being is worthy of being treated like Jesus would do.
Remember the protitute that became one of his most treasured relationships?
Remember what he said to the crowd that was about to stone a person?  Since
they were wrong then why do you feel you can get away with it now?

I challenge you to come clean in your business affairs.  I challenge you
remember that being a smart-alack, disrespectful, down-right nasty person in
your dealings will not get you anywhere but more scrutiny and dismembership
from this community.  I challenge you to become the God-fearing, Godly lead
person you were taught to be and promised to be when you became a leader of
a church.

Do I expect you to respect these requests...sadly, no I don't.  And I do
mean sadly.