[Vision2020] Re: With gas at $2.50 a gallon it is time to cutCrosswalk numbers

Ron Force rforce at moscow.com
Mon Apr 11 15:23:55 PDT 2005

6th and 3rd, East of downtown were originally constructed as residential
streets.  In fact, if you'll look as you whiz by, you'll see that a lot of
people still live there and enjoy walking around their neighborhoods.  It's
only in the last 10-15 years, as residential neighborhoods have sprawled
East and the motor businesses have metastasized to the West that these
intervening neighborhoods have been reduced to "routes".

This is a cautionary tale, as the community prepares D & E as the next
"traffic sacrificial zones" by proposing to relocate schools and rezoning
farmland without infrastructure planning.
Ron Force          Moscow ID USA

rforce at moscow.com