[Vision2020] Governors New Clothes

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:00:16 PDT 2005

Donovan - I am sure you realize that the roads are not what killed the
students, especially the ones that have died this year...it is alcohol,
drugs, bad decisions, speed, etc.  Yes, we need better roads but then what
city doesn't?  I just think it is so unfair that you blame everything except
those who are truely responsible - the students/bad drivers.

The Junior High is very overcrowded...just where do you suppose we put them
when they hit the high school? a high school building whose time has come
and gone?  We have the Alternative High kids in a very inadequate building -
it does not meet all the needs they have.  Using the old high school for
them is a positive step.

I grew up in a town that had a 4-year high school.  To date, it is still
that way even though the town has grown over 65% of what it was when I was
there.  The fight to build a new school there has been just as long and just
as hard as this one appears to be.  It took over 4 votes to get it passed.
Now that it is, people see the wisdom of the building and are supporting not
only the progress but the children that will be benefiting from it.

Again, I ask if you care to talk to the teachers?  Talk to the
Administrators that have to work in the buildings covered by this levy?  Or
the children that have to go to college without the necessary background to
start on an even kiel?  No, I am not talking about fly fishing, (that is
just a smoke screen being used to distract from the real issues) but rather
computer, school basics, physical well being our children need to compete
and succeed in any college outside/inside of Idaho?

I realize it is very difficult to be on the outside looking in, trying to
see if something is worth doing or not, but you might try putting on the
shoes of those of us who work/teach/support/have kids in these schools and
see what we see.  It can be a real eye opener.