[Vision2020] Re: Accomplishments

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:43:44 PDT 2005

FYI, here's a brief list of things that I did not help with when I was an undergraduate at N.C. State:

The Wolfpack's winning of the 1983 NCAA Championship
NCSU Women's Basketball Coach Kay Yow's gold medal win at the Olympics
Ronald Reagan's re-election campaign
Jesse Helms' re-election campaign
Any of the space shuttle launches
Whistle-blowing in the tobacco industry
The annual shrimp and oyster harvests, and . . .

Last but not least, I did not help in any way with the filming of the movie "Bull Durham."  I begged to be Susan Sarandon's personal assistant, begged and stalked.  But all I got to do was drink beer in Mitch's Tavern on Hillsborough Street in the hopes of being an extra in the Kevin Costner/Tim Robbins bar fight scene.  But was I an extra?  Did I get my 15 seconds of fame?  Was my face ever up on the big screen?  Noooooo!  Life is so unfair.

"Glory days . . . they'll pass you by."

(I wrote that line for Bruce Springsteen, you know, but he's never given me credit.  Bastard!)

Joan "Don't call me Senator" Opyr
AKA Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.comGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com