[Vision2020] Donovan's Accomplishments?

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:33:05 PDT 2005

Donovan writes (edited):

"....While I am not bragging, and clearly know that hundreds of people in
this town do more for it then I do, I am certain I have done more for Moscow
and UI then Timothy Rigsby.

Let us make a list shall we:

Donovan:

Moved the parking time from 6 PM to 5 PM that students can park in Gold
parking
Improved Safety on Campus
Saved $50,000 for UI on construction of new Living Learning Center
Improved and repaired Family Housing Units
Established equal rights for Gays and Lesbians on Campus
Exposed the three UI Senators that stole burned the Gay/Straight Alliance
Flag
Established a student Government for Family Housing
Improved the safety of Family Housing Playgrounds
Established the Kiosks (Little Computers) all around campus for quick access
Doubled funding and support for UI Student Clubs and Organizations
Lowed renting costs for Student Clubs of UI property and facilities
Lobbied and got the UI to replace all student furniture in the Resident
Halls in 2002
Provided Funding for Alive after Five
Ran the Government and Operations Committee for ASUI
Twice elected and twice appointed student officer "

You did all of this by yourself?  How is that possible since most of what
you list had to have gone through committees for discussion and
approval/disapproval much less you'd have had to had help/assistance to
accomplish these tasks?

I am sure you have done a lot to HELP get these things done, but I am just
as sure that it is not possible for any one person to do it all by
themselves...just like the improvements in Moscow takes more than one person
- hence the need for a bond election.