[Vision2020] NO NEW TAXES

cjs cjs at turbonet.com
Mon Apr 4 13:05:58 PDT 2005

I have nothing against a new high school. However, I think it is important that the public and the school district realize is that our income to tax ratio makes us extremely tax poor. The levy would have no problem passing if it were timed when other levies were ending. You can't keep adding heavier and heavier tax burdens on some of the lowest income earning people in the United States. Someone needs to be smart enough to time these things. Is there a group of levies being paid off shortly to where our current tax liability would not change? If not, when? That is when you ask for a new high school. Has anyone else noticed that this levy seems to omit a lot of necessary items? Books? Table and chairs? Computers? Science lab equipment? Fishing rods? Rock climbing gear? Fishinf boat? Will this be another levy in the making? Sounds to me like the 1912 Center all over again. Everybody gots the wants and the needs and no way to pay for it.

What plans does the Economic Development Committee have on the table to increase our tax base? Has any new, large companies come to our area? That does not pay minimum wage?

Phil Roderick