[Vision2020] Walmart....... a different perspective?

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 11:28:09 PST 2005

> Wal-Mart is doing all these good things with a profit margin of less
> than 4 percent. To call Wal-Mart a "corporate criminal," as an article
> in the January 3 issue of The Nation does, is libel. Wal-Mart is a model
> of success that should be emulated, not reviled.

I will ignore the rest of this, which is all nonsense designed to
raise my blood pressure -- anyone who wants to revisit this argument
can just look back through the archives.

It isn't libel to call a spade a spade. Wal-Mart settled a claim that
it used illegal immigrants to clean its stores for $11 million. It
pled guilty to violations of child labor laws last November. It is
currently the target of the largest gender-discrimination lawsuit in
history. These are violations of the law. They're called crimes.
People and organizations that commit crimes are "criminals," even
after they stop.

-- ACS