[Vision2020] 09-24-04 LA Times: Violence Belies Positive Picture

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Fri Sep 24 22:24:26 PDT 2004

Don't you find it interesting that the LA Times would find 'few' that agree with Allawi's assessment? I mean they have been so agreeable about the war before this. The US Press has been amazingly supportive to Bush!! Finding stories like this are so prevalent that it is no problem to read them...It does not make them right. Noooo! I like what Rice said on one of the morning shows this last week. Both sides are right. It is bad and it is good. Bad because people are dying and there are those who do not want peace at any price. Good because there is a higher goal in the deaths. Freedom is not free. People die attaining it. It is a project that will not happen overnight but at some point there can be a wonderful new country. I get the impression that none of you believe that Iraqi leadership or its people can make this work in anyway. I have more faith than that. I also can see that Donovan is very young and has not seen the changes that come about in life as we shift and move in the world. He may have learned that in WWII goods we had sold to Japan came back in the form of bombs, it is not a new thing in history. Friends turn into enemies sometimes life can be interesting as times change and people change. What was happening in 1980 is not what is happening now. As you grow and mature you will see this.
PK