[Vision2020] A Little Too Little, A Little Too Late (corrected)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Sep 18 11:28:14 PDT 2004

>From Today's (September 18, 2004) Moscow-Pullman Daily News -

Example not meant to offend

Much has been written lately of my use of Gen. Robert E. Lee as an example
of leadership skills. Little did I realize how I would offend some in our
community by using Lee. For this, I am truly sorry and want you to know
there were no other motives or intentions on my part to further perpetuate
the local debate among some. This is unfortunate and, again, I failed to
consider the effect this might have or how deeply it may have offended some
of you.

Please know I do not wish to cause harm to anyone in this rich and
culturally diverse community. I underestimated the effect of my presentation
and, in the future, I will be more careful in both my words and actions.
Thank you.

Paul J. Kimmell

Executive Director

Moscow Chamber of Commerce

----

Latah County deserves better than a commissioner who:

1)  Does not take the community's values into consideration when presenting
his concepts

2)  Fails to consider the effects of his actions

3)  Wrongly estimates the impact of his action(s) on the community

We expect considerably more than "I'm sorry.  It won't happen again." not
only from the Executive Director of the Moscow Chamber of Commerce, but a
Latah County Commissioner.

In most private businesses (at least those with integrity), an action
comparable to the one Puppet Kimmel is apologizing for
(http://www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse/Kimmell/) would place the
offender in the unemployment line.  Maybe that is what the Moscow Chamber of
Commerce should take into consideration at their next board meeting.  I know
I will when Kimmel's Commissioner seat comes up for election.

Until then,

Take care of yourselves and each other.

Tom Hansen

Not On The Palouse (or Monroe, Louisiana), Not Ever

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.