[Vision2020] For the record: Blood Drive

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 12:36:53 PDT 2004

Donovan et. al.

Policy and practice are not the same animal, as we all know.  A given blood
drive may not by policy discriminate against Blacks, yet such discrimination
happens in practice for a variety of reasons.  We are not by policy allowed to
block the vote of African-Americans, but anyone studying what happened in
Florida in Gore v. Bush 2000 knows that Blacks were discriminated against in voting
in that election.

We can cite all the official blood donor policies we want, but what really
happens in practice?

Ted Moffett