[Vision2020] President Tim White declines to reconsider Grishkoff Case

Nick Gier ngier at uidaho.edu
Fri Sep 17 12:09:05 PDT 2004

Greetings:

I've just received a letter from UI President Tim White in which he
declines to reconsider Glenn Grishkoff's dismissal.  You will recall that
Grishkoff, UI assistant professor of art, passed his 3rd Year Review with
flying colors with full support from his department and 31 national peers.

We in the AFT have tried repeatedly to appeal this case and convince the UI
administration to do the right thing.  Now we have no recourse but to file
suit in district court.

Those who want to make a contribution to Glenn's case can do so at the
Latah Federal Credit Union.  Just say "Grishkoff Defense Fund" under the
IFT Defense Fund and they will gladly receive your donation.  We have
raised $10,200 so far but Glenn will need much more by the time this ordeal
is over.

Glenn will be back on campus in the spring and I hope that we will have won
a settlement for him at that time.

Nick Gier, President
Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO

"