[Vision2020] Inside "Bush's Brain"

Melynda Huskey mghuskey at msn.com
Wed Sep 15 13:57:21 PDT 2004

Pat writes:
>But, this is my vote for president of the United States of America! To use
>this 'only slightly wrong' information to influence my vote is a disgrace.

So Bush's "only slightly wrong" information about the (non-existent) links
between Al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein, about the (again non-existent) weapons
of mass destruction in Iraq, and about the (guess what?  non-existent)
immediate threat to the U.S. in Iraq--which he used to justify a war in
which more than a thousand U.S. soldiers have died is also a disgrace,
right?  And now that he's trying to influence people's votes with that
information, we ought to hold him accountable, right?

Michael Moore is a film maker.  George W. Bush is the President.  They have
an equal obligation to tell the truth--but when Bush lies, or distorts the
truth, or just doesn't bother to get good advice, the fate of the whole
world hangs in the balance.

It's not just the deaths in Iraq--which include, of course, coalition
partners and Iraqi civilians and combatants.  The death toll in Afghanistan,
which is now reverting to Taliban control, is rising.  Between 6,000 and
10,000 people a month are dying in Darfur--victims of government-sponsored
violence against black Africans, and of the diseases associated with their
status as refugees.  Russia faces an assault on multi-party government which
Putin justifies with reference to U.S. policies.  In this country, human
rights are eroding as the government uses its influence to silence and
intimidate critics.

Frankly, I'm hard pressed to imagine what distortion Michael Moore could
produce that would compare.

Melynda Huskey