[Vision2020] Thank You Tom Trail (To the rest of you--this is important)

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Tue Sep 14 23:09:43 PDT 2004

Thank you Tom for your alert concerning the Houses of Worship Free Speech
Restoration Act  .

The news that Tom brings us (see below) is very upsetting for several
reasons:
1. Because honest discussion/voting on very important issues can so easily
be circumventing by dishonest but legal maneuvering.
2. Because sound byte issues such as abortion and taxes are causing good,
church going people to support a radical agenda to destroy our
constitutional right to freedom of religion (as well as destroy our
environment and social safety nets while enriching the obscenely rich) .
3. Because supposedly church going people would use dead-of-the-night
maneuvers to force an issue that can't, on its own, stand by its merit in
the light of day.
4. Because potentially, a certain Moscow church could, legally, without fear
of losing nonprofit status, influence the outcome of local elections and
unashamedly run candidates that are "open to supervision."

The whole idea is contrary to our constitution and incredibly dangerous to
our country. Thank God for the Interfaith Alliance and their vigilance
against unholy threats to our nation. Right at the moment, I can think of
few things more despicable (and less Christian) than Tom Delay's actions.

Readers, this is something to be taken seriously.

Jim Meyer