[Vision2020] Massacre on the blue turf

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 22:00:17 PDT 2004

Jack writes,

"if the Vandals continue their present course how long would football at the
U of I continue?"

Well, Jack, I don't think we have really had a football team for the last
few years at UI. I don't think it is just the fault of the coaches. I really
think we should put all of are money and energy into our female athletic
programs. We have some really good female athletes at the UI and with the
right reinforcement, funding, and support I believe we could be the top ten
in the nation in over a half dozen areas. Did you know our Women's Rodeo
team is 3rd in the Nation?

I fail to see the constant obsession with thinking we have to be good at
football and continue to pump millions into a lost cause. We are good at
many other things, and those are things we should focus on, our natural
talents.

Donovan J Arnold