[Vision2020] Donkey Brains on the Palouse and in the White House

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Wed Sep 1 20:27:39 PDT 2004

Visionaries:

Sean clearly doesn't know me if he thinks for a moment that I employ any
strategy to avoid confronting an aggressor.  (Perhaps he confuses me with that
wily tactician, Doug Wilson.)

It is my sense that who or for what a person chooses to fight for
(figuratively or literally) informs others about what matters to them.  We know for whom
and for what reasons Robert E. Lee resigned his commission and took up arms
against the Union.  Sean and Ted Ryan, please don't regurgitate the tired old
States Rights defense -- that dog won't hunt anywhere north of Monroe, LA.

Regardless of how Lee's "virtues" are proclaimed by Neo-Confederates and
other donkey brains, his treatment of human beings nullifies, in my mind, any
claim made on his behalf.  Even Hitler was nice to his dog -- do you think the
Humane Society will be giving little talks on dog grooming and obedience training
featuring photos snapped at Berchtesgaden?

For goodness sakes, this is not rocket science -- move along folks.  Let's
talk about some real problems, like the increase in the poverty level in this
county since that compassionate conservative George Bush stole the last
election.  (A contemporary example of how anyone can attribute virtue where virtue is,
in fact, lacking.)  You know George isn't going to bed hungry -- unlike
several million children in this country.  That conversation is bound to lead to
more useful dialogue and helpful action than trying to resuscitate the
reputation of a dead slave owner.

Rose Huskey

"One cannot level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan