[Vision2020] MCA Debate

Jack Nelson jlnelson at tds.net
Thu Oct 28 21:40:00 PDT 2004

I’m Jack Nelson candidate for re-election to Latah County Commissioner.

At the MCA debate Monday, October 28, 2004, I made an opening statement that
the Moscow Pullman Daily News did not cover accurately.

I said I respected the decision of my fellow republican candidates not to
attend the MCA debate.  They all had personal reasons for not attending the
debate.  If I had been contacted as they were, I may have made the same
decision.  I was never threatened or harassed about the debate, so I was
willing to attend.

Another reason for attending the MCA debate was my opponent, Linda Pike,
came to Troy to the Troy Lions Club candidate debate earlier that evening.
Since I am a 50 year resident of the Troy area and a 30 plus year member of
the Troy Lions Club, I felt she was coming to my home turf.  Since it has
been stated that most members of the MCA are from the democratic party I was
willing to go to her home turf.

-Jack