[Vision2020] MCA Debates

Bill London london at moscow.com
Wed Oct 27 14:59:49 PDT 2004

D-
What you read is that they have been to 14 candidate forums and zero
debates.
That was the reason for the MCA to sponsor the two nights of true debates.
The MCA board recognized that the traditional candidate forum offered a
"beauty contest" quick view of the candidates, but did not provide the
in-depth view offered by a real hour-long one-on-one debate between the
candidates.
The Republican Party provided the cover story so their candidates could
avoid that kind of scrutiny.
I applaud Jack Nelson for seeing through the scam and appearing at the MCA
debate.
Some Republicans just could not stand the heat, so they ran from the
kitchen.
BL