[Vision2020] A Major Vietnam/Iraq Parallel

bill bonte bbonte at moscow.com
Wed Oct 27 10:15:56 PDT 2004

I first voted for president in the 1964 election, Johnson vs Goldwater.
  I was influenced to vote for Johnson when he said in a campaign
speech: " I will never permit, American boys, to die on the soils of
Asia".  I remember thinking at the time, that's my man!

Soon after he took office, I received a letter which read in part:
"Greetings from the President.  You are directed to the Oakland Army
Base for processing prior to induction in the U. S. Army...

Recently George Bush has made similar statements when he asserts that
there will be no draft.  This time I probably won't be drafted, but a
draft seems likely.

bill bonte