[Vision2020] 10-26-04 LA Times OP/ED: Worse Than the Usual Bad

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Wed Oct 27 08:51:20 PDT 2004

All,

You may check out the press reports cited in:

===============================
THE DAILY MIS-LEAD
< www.Misleader.org >
===============================

ADMINISTRATION MISLEADS ON MISSING EXPLOSIVES

In Iraq, 380 tons of powerful explosives have been looted and may have fallen
into the hands of insurgents. In an effort to deflect blame, administration
officials are pushing the theory that when "U.S. forces...reached the Al Qaqaa
military facility in early April 2003, the weapons cache was already gone."[1]
This theory is not credible.

According to an AP report, U.S. solders visited the Al Qaqaa in April 2003 and
"found thousands of five-centimetre by 12-centimetre boxes, each containing
three vials of white powder."[2] Officials who tested the powder said it was
"believed to be explosives."[3] Yesterday, "an official who monitors
developments in Iraq" confirmed that "US-led coalition troops had searched Al
Qaqaa in the immediate aftermath of the March 2003 invasion and confirmed that
the explosives, which had been under IAEA seal since 1991, were intact."[4]
Thereafter, according to the official, "the site was not secured by U.S.
forces."[5]

It makes sense that the explosives were there when the U.S. solders arrived
because, as the LA Times notes, "given the size of the missing cache, it would
have been difficult to relocate undetected before the invasion, when U.S. spy
satellites were monitoring activity."[6]

Sources:

1. "White House Downplays Missing Iraq Explosives," Los Angeles Times, 10/26/04,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=64882.
2. "U.S. troops find signs of chemical readiness," Associated Press, 4/05/03,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=64883.
3. Ibid, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=64883.
4. "380 tons of explosives missing in Iraq," Associated Press, 10/25/04,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=64884.
5. Ibid, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=64884.
6. "White House Downplays Missing Iraq Explosives," Los Angeles Times, 10/26/04,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=64882.

Submitted by:

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)