[Vision2020] Highway 95 route study

Bill London london at moscow.com
Tue Oct 26 15:12:39 PDT 2004

Ken Helm, Project Manager:

Here we go again.

The Idaho Dept. of Transportation is planning to study the route of a segment of Highway 95 -- again -- without a serious look at the larger, cumulative impacts of their decision.

>From what I could find on your website, your study focuses entirely on the 7 mile segment of Highway 95 in question.  You do not include the larger impact.  You do not widen the study to include the vital discussion of the future of transportation in the Moscow area, including the issues of whether we will need or want ring roads or a Highway 95 bypass.

The present discussion of the route of Highway 95 and the question of any future bypass (moving Highway 95 around Moscow) are directly linked.  Logically, we can not discuss this routing issue without first discussing the bypass issue.

You have the opportunity to facilitate the larger discussion of transportation in Moscow (highway route, bypass, and ring road system) that will enable sound decision-making.  Without that perspective, this EIS process is incomplete.

Bill London