[Vision2020] Captain of 'Mutinous' Supply Company Relieved

Tom thansen at moscow.com
Fri Oct 22 08:38:24 PDT 2004

I agree with you 1,000%, Dick.

Had those 18 soldiers followed the orders given them, the likelihood of more
filled body bags and more draped coffins as a result is very high.

Although I strongly support court-martialing the abusers at Abu Ghraib, I feel
that responsibility for those atrocities must be applied to somebody alot
higher than a staff sergeant.

Even My Lai in 1968 resulted in forced early retirements of several field grade
officers.

> Let's see now....the prison guards followed orders and face a court martial
> and the support group didn't follow questionable orders and could be facing
> a court martial. Must be a very terrible place to work with Rumsfeld and
> Bush in charge. I support these 18 more than I do the prison guards.

Dick