[Vision2020] Upcoming candidate forums

Pam Palmer ppalmer at moscow.com
Fri Oct 22 07:14:37 PDT 2004

Visionaries & candidates-

It appears that organizers with the Moscow Civic Association (MCA) and the
Troy Lions Club have worked together to coordinate the timing of the
upcoming candidate forums so that individual candidates are able to attend
both events.

My heartfelt thanks to the MCA for offering a format that allows candidates
and voters the time to explore issues more completely and to the Troy Lions
Club for organizing a candidate forum in Troy. I trust that each
organization is working to provide voters with the information they need to
make the best choices on election day.

Candidate forums are usually well-covered by the media, so the information
reaches many more voters than the audience members present at each forum.

It is important for voters to understand the issues and I hope that each
candidate welcomes the opportunity to share her/his views in whatever format
is offered.

Maybe we should rename these forums; instead of referring to them as
candidate forums, call them voters' forums. Remember that it is for the
benefit of the voters, not for the benefit of individual candidates.

Pam Palmer
Moscow