[Vision2020] Clearing the Air About George Bush's Military Record

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Oct 21 22:51:20 PDT 2004

DC et. al.

Bush using his presidential authority to promote lies or falsehoods are not
my only issue.  Where did you get that idea?  The same place Bush got his false
notions of Iraq's nuclear weapons program which he used to scare the American
people?

Read what I wrote:

"Bush supporters must answer this critique of the Bush administration before
any other issue is even worth moving on to: it is critical to the evaluation
of the integrity of our president as he has performed his duties serving the
American people."

This means you, as a Bush supporter, unless I have this wrong, must answer
this issue.

Bush's falsehoods which he used to justify leading us to war are such a
critical issue I cannot understand anyone dismissing this based on rational
grounds.  You can substitute other reasons for invading Iraq all you want, as you
just did, using the "we removed Saddam and are setting up a democracy" rational.
But this does not change the fact that Bush used WMDs as a prime reason to
invade, based on bogus claims that were very specific, regarding yellow cake
from Niger, and aluminum tubes for a nuclear centrifuge, as evidence of Iraq's
nuclear weapons development.  These claims were known at the time Bush made them
to be false!  They are now known with even more certainty to be total BS!

So you appear willing to excuse our Commander in Chief using falsehoods to
lead the American people to war?  This glaring example of misjudgment on Bush's
part is far more important to me than his National Guard controversy.  It is
in fact a horrendous example of his misjudgments in his "military" duties as
Commander in Chief while president!

Please explain how using falsehoods to lead the American people to war is
evidence that Bush has good judgment and integrity?

You obviously dodged this issue in your reply that I am answering.

Ted Moffett