[Vision2020] vcr repair

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Oct 21 11:50:06 PDT 2004

All:

I have "repaired" my VCR merely by fully cleaning the tape path through the
rollers and audio and video reading heads.  Get some cleaning fluid (you can
use isopropyl alcohol but some think this hurts the rollers so they make special
expensive cleaning fluid you can get though I doubt using isopropyl alcohol
once will hurt anything), some 100% cotton Q-tips, large ones and small ones
for different places to clean, if you need different sizes, which you might not,
unplug your machine, of course, take off the cover, and have at it.

This might not fix your machine, but you'll have fun examining all the works
inside.  Many VCRs just need a good cleaning!

Ted Moffett