[Vision2020] Troy Lions candidate forum

tsaylor at tds.net tsaylor at tds.net
Thu Oct 21 10:24:46 PDT 2004

Art Deco wrote:

Why is this scheduled for the same time as the MCA forum?

I believe the opposite is the case: the MCA forum was scheduled for the same time as the Troy Lions forum.

Nonetheless, the Troy Lions have worked closely with MCA organizers to coordinate candidate appearances that night. Double-scheduling is an issue only with the commissioner and sheriff races; the state representative candidates are not scheduled to appear in the MCA event on the 25th.

The mutually agreed schedule for the 25th is as follows. Times indicate candidate appearances in Troy:

7:00-7:25		Tom Stroschein / Jeff Harkins
7:25-7:50		Jack Nelson / Linda Pike
7:50-8:15		Tom Trail / Mark Solomon
8:15-8:40		Shirley Ringo / Earl Bennett
8:40-9:05		Jeff Crouch / Wayne Rausch

Under this schedule, commissioner candidates will appear in Troy, then drive to Moscow for the MCA event. Sheriff candidates will appear in Moscow and then drive to Troy.

Candidates agree the Troy Lions forum is a key element in reaching rural voters and constituents, which may be underserved by virtue of geography. We are pleased they are willing to accomodate both events through creative scheduling, and appreciate the cooperation of the MCA organizers.

Tom Saylor
President, Troy Lions Club
troylions at tds.net