[Vision2020] Warning Scriptural Conversation.

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Tue Oct 12 10:24:52 PDT 2004

Rose, et al,

Thanks to Rose Huskey for pointing out the biblical mistakes, misquotes, and
un-Christ-like deception in Christ Church e-spokesman Dale Courtney's web-blot.

However, probably offending almost everybody, Courtney's (and Wilson's)
web-blots are illuminating examples of why intense, non-verifiable
religious/superstitious beliefs are considered a mental illness -- a form of
delusion.

The more these mentally impoverished unfortunates are pushed to support their
religious/superstitious beliefs with reason and evidence, the more they retreat
into dishonesty, fantasy, and other flimflamery.

>From my point of view, the question of whether the Christ Church Cult should pay
taxes does not depend on Jesus or any other idol.  It is a matter of evidence
and law.  These questions are to be addressed in the courts and other
quasi-judicial forums, evidence taken, and a finding issued based on such
evidence and the law.

Further, I have grave doubts about the wisdom of granting tax exemptions to
non-profit organizations of any kind, secular or religious, save
non-discriminatory charities.  For example, what public good is accomplished by
exempting fraternities and sororities from Latah County property tax?

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco at moscow.com