[Vision2020] Monday meeting on city government

Bill London london at moscow.com
Sat Oct 9 12:14:39 PDT 2004

The Moscow Civic Association (MCA) will sponsor an open public forum with the mayor and council members, as well as local attorneys and faculty experts, about citizen access to Moscow's city government on Monday, October 11, at 7:30pm at the 1912 Center in Moscow.

The goal of this free public meeting is to increase democratic participation in the decisions made by the Moscow city government, and to identify roadblocks to citizen input.  The meeting will include both a facilitated group discussion and small group interaction, focusing on building a functioning democratic city government.

The purpose of the meeting is to answer the question: How Can We Participate in Our Own City Government?

The October meeting continues the discussion held at the September MCA forum about how the city makes decisions - and who makes those decisions. In the September meeting, City Supervisor Gary Riedner led a panel of city administrators discussing the management of the city and oversight of development.

The Moscow Civic Association is a non-profit citizen's organization that strives to improve the quality of life for Moscow residents.  More information is available on the MCA website, www.moscowcivic.org