[Vision2020] Conserve precious Oil

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 21:03:10 PDT 2004

Wayne et. al.

Yes, but at what cost and efficiency?  Deriving hydrogen from water is very
energy intensive.  I could look up some facts and figures, but I have already
read about this option, and it is not a solution to replacing the cheap
abundance of energy from oil.

I think the bottom line is that in the not so distant future the energy
greedy American economy we now live in will be thing of the past!  People will just
have to live consuming far less energy.  And the more greedy we are now, the
more difficult the transition will be.  We should be thinking of saving oil
supplies to make them last as long as we can, not squandering them in a frenzy
of greed, like we are.

Easy to say, but harder to do, when many Americans must commute to work every
day in old beater gas guzzlers because they cannot afford a fuel efficient
car, like yours truly.

Ted Moffett