[Vision2020] Conserve precious Oil

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Sun Oct 3 13:29:28 PDT 2004

I am about to shock you all...I am very delighted that oil prices are going
high and I hope they go even higher. I hate the control the OPEC group has
on our lives. I am well aware that there are alternative fuels that we could
control even right here in Latah county. The PSES dept of the UI can make a
great fuel from canola that is grown in Latah county. The problem is
refinement which means shipping it to Montana at this time, but that too can
be changed. The shipping to Montana is where the cost gets too big and the
change from oil would be too hard...IF however, the price of oil keeps going
up then gaining control of our energy sources will gain in a willingness by
more of us to pay the price. Will it hurt financially? Yes! While we gain in
one area jobs and monies will be reduced in another area. Any new big change
will make for differences and problems but in this case we could get control
over our own lives and not leave it in the hands of people who truly do not
care about our well being. I do not blame the lack of these changes on the
Bush family or any other individual (I know you will), it is those of us who
want to conserve our own funds. It is a money issue but one that could be
changed if the price were right by the general populace.
PK