[Vision2020] PLASTICS AND CANCER - PLEASE READ - FYI

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Sat Nov 27 22:46:00 PST 2004

And an old one at that!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack Van Deventer
  To: Vision2020 at moscow.com
  Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 9:07 PM
  Subject: RE: [Vision2020] PLASTICS AND CANCER - PLEASE READ - FYI

  It appears that this is a hoax.

  http://www.snopes.com/toxins/plastic.htm

  Jack

  __________________________________

  Jack Van Deventer

  jack at moscowUSA.com

  From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com] On Behalf Of Dick Schmidt
  Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 8:46 PM
  To: Vision2020 at moscow.com

  All,

  I received the following and would advise going along with the recommendations.

  Dick Schmidt

  Subject: PLASTICS AND CANCER - PLEASE READ - FYI

  Subject: Cancer News From Johns Hopkins

  No plastics in microwave. No water bottles in freezer. No plastic wrap in microwave.

  Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in their newsletters worth
  noting... This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical
  Center.

  Dioxin Carcinogens cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Don't freeze
  your plastic water bottles with water as this also releases dioxins in the
  plastic.

  Dr. Edward Fujimoto from Castle hospital was on a TV program explaining
  this health hazard. (He is the manager of the Wellness Program at the hospital.)

  He was talking about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we
  should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers.

  This applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of
  fat, high heat and plastics releases dioxins into the food and ultimately into
  the cells of the body. Dioxins are carcinogens and highly toxic to the
  cells of our bodies. Instead, he recommends using glass, Corning Ware, or ceramic
  containers for heating food. You get the same results, without the dioxins.

  So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc.,should be
  removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad
  but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass,
  Corning Ware, etc. He said we might remember when some of the fast food
  restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin
  problem is one of the reasons.

  To add to this, Saran wrap placed over foods as they are nuked, with the
  high heat, actually drips poisonous toxins into the food, use paper towels.

  Pass this on to your family & friends & those that are important in your life

   List services made available by First Step Internet,
            mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com