[Vision2020] PLASTICS AND CANCER - PLEASE READ - FYI

Jack Van Deventer jack at moscowUSA.com
Sat Nov 27 21:07:24 PST 2004

It appears that this is a hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/toxins/plastic.htm

Jack

__________________________________

Jack Van Deventer

jack at moscowUSA.com

  _____

From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Dick Schmidt
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 8:46 PM
To: Vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] PLASTICS AND CANCER - PLEASE READ - FYI

All,

I received the following and would advise going along with the
recommendations.

Dick Schmidt

Subject: PLASTICS AND CANCER - PLEASE READ - FYI

Subject: Cancer News From Johns Hopkins

No plastics in microwave. No water bottles in freezer. No plastic wrap in
microwave.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in their newsletters worth
noting... This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical
Center.

Dioxin Carcinogens cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Don't freeze
your plastic water bottles with water as this also releases dioxins in the
plastic.

Dr. Edward Fujimoto from Castle hospital was on a TV program explaining
this health hazard. (He is the manager of the Wellness Program at the
hospital.)

He was talking about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we
should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers.

This applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of
fat, high heat and plastics releases dioxins into the food and ultimately
into
the cells of the body. Dioxins are carcinogens and highly toxic to the
cells of our bodies. Instead, he recommends using glass, Corning Ware, or
ceramic
containers for heating food. You get the same results, without the dioxins.

So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc.,should be
removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad
but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered
glass,
Corning Ware, etc. He said we might remember when some of the fast food
restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin
problem is one of the reasons.

To add to this, Saran wrap placed over foods as they are nuked, with the
high heat, actually drips poisonous toxins into the food, use paper towels.

Pass this on to your family & friends & those that are important in your
life