[Vision2020] One bad apple evidently spoils the whole bunch?

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Fri Nov 19 12:51:58 PST 2004

Carl, I'm glad you're tight with Donny, and maybe pre-weird Michael and the
J-Five really did do a version of "One Bad Apple," but my handy dandy copy
of Joel Whitburn's "The Billboard Top 40 Hits" reflects only that Donny
cracked the charts -- er, the Top Forty, anyway -- going all the way to
number one in January 1971 for five weeks and remaining in the Top Forty for
12 weeks.

Nary a mention of the Jackson Five doing that song.  Maybe it was the flip
side of "ABC" or something.

But when talking about such pop atrocities, isn't charting necessary to even
be in the ball game?

Let's just hope this Iraq mess ends quickly, so "Billy, Don't Be a Hero"
doesn't come back to haunt us once again!

Bruce Livingston