[Vision2020] Jays

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:14:52 PST 2004

I don't know if this applies to Idaho blue jays, who might be better-mannered than North Carolina blue jays, but we used to have a terrible problem in Raleigh with the birds attacking our dogs -- and I'm not talking about small dogs.  We had a German Shepherd Lab cross and an Airedale Terrier.  Whenever the blue jays arrived en masse at the back yard feeder, if the dogs were out, they went after them and pecked at their heads.  Our Airedale once ended up with a bloody eye.  So, yes, they're pretty, but whenever I see them, I still have to fight the urge to go out and scare them off with my mighty tennis racket.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment    Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com