[Vision2020] Every old ice age is new again (was melting glacier in Tibet)

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 19:33:28 PST 2004

“It is just what one would expect at the end of an ice age. If the earth continues just as it always has we have no need to worry it will get cold again. As it does things will change...been that way awhile...will continue to be that way.”

The Discovery Channel tells me that there have been four major continental glaciations recorded in North America.  The last, called the Wisconsin, began about 70,000 years ago and ended 10,000 years ago.  I’m just guessing at your age here, Pat, but I think that’s about 9946 years before you were born.  As I know it’s rude to discuss a lady’s age, let me even things up by saying that it was  9962 years before mine.

At the moment, we’re in what is called an interglacial phase that's expected to last for another ten thousand or so years.  In other words, we’re at the end of an ice age in the same way that we’re at the end of the Hoover administration.  Yes, it’s over, and the Great Depression is behind us, but . . . wait!  I’m wrong!  George W. Bush is the first President since Hoover to preside over a net loss of jobs.  The federal deficit is unsustainable.  The looming retirement of the baby boomers will bankrupt Social Security and Medicare, the dollar is dropping like a rock, and we continue to hemorrhage high-paying manufacturing jobs.  Perhaps Pat is right!  Time is flowing backwards! That super volcano beneath Yellowstone will erupt, wiping out most of the entire United States, and all the ozone-destroying hairspray that preachers like Jimmy Swaggart and Jerry Falwell and Jan Crouch and Lou Dobson have used to get their fabulous follicles closer to God will mean that it’s going to get mighty, mighyt cold here in big damn hurry.

So don't worry about global warming.  When Martha Stewart gets out of prison, we'll ask her to share some of her cave-decorating tips and her recipes for mastodon.

The ice age . . . it’s a good thing.

Joan Opyr/Auntie EstablishmentGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com