[Vision2020] Hearing Info Not In The Daily News

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Nov 5 17:30:48 PST 2004

Visionaries:

Ms. Doyle did an excellent job of describing the Idaho Board of Tax Appeal
Hearing yesterday afternoon.  She did however omit some interesting tidbits that
you might enjoy reading.  Mr. Dickison brought forward several witnesses,
which we appreciated, because it gave Saundra and me the opportunity to ask some
questions of our own.

In the past we have suggested that Canon Press, housed in Anselm House, the
world headquarters for Waddle Wilson's empire, was little more than a vanity
press.  What a pleasure to have that confirmed under oath. Doug Jones, editor,
did agree that of the 108 items for sale at Canon Press in July, over 30 of
them were the products of WW's fertile imagination.  And, guess what taxpayers,
Mr. Wilson gets royalties on all of them.  How does it work?  Mr. Jones and WW
(wearing their editorial hats) select the books that will be published, sign
royalty agreements (in the case of Mr. Jones he has one of his employees act as
agent while he signs as author) and then loll back and count the shekels as
they roll in.  And, they expect taxpayers to give them a property tax break?
Please!

Remember those political emails sent through Christ Church?  One of the
sleaziest moments at the hearing occurred when one of the elders tried to blame
that monstrous chicanery on the church secretary.  Believe me, Saundra and I
never thought for a moment to do that because we knew where the orders came from,
and since there were nine emails, there was certainly tacit support for them
from the leadership.  Hiding behind a woman's skirts is really unworthy
behavior for those men of chest.  I did take the occasion to point out that in one of
Commissioner Kimmell's emails he asked the secretary to have the leadership
give an ok to sending the message out.  At any rate, we were assured at the
hearing that the leadership now knows a church can't do that and they have a new
protocol in place which will prevent that mistake from happening again.  What
functioning adult, particularly one involved in running a church, didn't know
that helping out in campaigns was grounds for removal of federal tax
exemption, even in 2002.  Once again, it is the same old arrogance, the conventual
covering that absolves kirkers from the laws that rule the rest of us.

You'll all be happy to know that TRACS (the accrediting agency for NSA) is
aware of all the family relationships at NSA and approves of them.  Dr. Atwood
said they strive at NSA to create a "family like" environment instead of the
cold institutional setting of other colleges.  Who could have guessed that a
family like environment included a lifetime member of the Board of Trustees,
(W.Wilson) hiring his son, his brother and his son-in-law. Most folks call that
nepotism - but not the Trustees of NSA - who happily include mostly elders,
members, and employees of Waddles' empire all of whom are keenly aware of which
side their bread is buttered on.

We are still waiting for a single financial document that will substantiate
the claim that either (Christ Church or NSA) organization is nonprofit. Mr.
Dickison would have us accept the statements of elders as sufficient evidence.
Hint: Not quite good enough, Greg.

I did suggest to Mr. Dickison an avenue to escape public scrutiny regarding
W.W.'s empire.  Stop trying to get the public to pay for it.  If the fine minds
of Wilson World really had a modicum of good sense, they would pay their
property taxes and run their little college and their self-publishing organization
any way they pleased.  And Saundra and I wouldn't would be delighted!

Still fighting for Latah County Tax Payers (and folks, there will be more to
come in the Spring)
Rose Huskey

"One cannot level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan