[Vision2020] A Start

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 15:27:15 PST 2004

Of the delay in the start of our radio show on KRFP, FM 92.5, Carl writes:

"Seems Joan has important doings in Washington, DC.  I think that's our
nation's capital.  No doubt furthering some horrid progressive agenda.  I
think Joan is still hammering out a multi-million dollar deal with the radio
station, too."

All true, all true, except that it's not.  I'm leaving on the 18th of November for Raleigh, NC, to attend my 20th (cough, cough, gasp) High School reunion.  I'll stay in North Carolina through Thanksgiving, largely in order to have the tremendous pleasure of watching my Republican-voting grandmother eat that Southern abomination, the deep-fried turkey.  I anticipate that Granny (as she does every year) will spit the first bite of her turkey out onto her plate because it's too hot.  If I'm really lucky, in the process she'll dislodge her dentures.  This is always good for a big laugh and/or a trip to the vomitorium depending on A) your disposition and B) your proximity to a turkey-spitting, Republican-voting, old woman of whom you are deeply fond but with whom you are deeply disgusted.  Sound like anyone else's Thanksgiving plans?  No?  You liars.

After this family affair, which I hope will not end in either a food fight or a homicide, I plan to make my way up to Washington, DC, where I'll hob-nob with the rich and powerful, specifically Paul Wolfowitz, Karl Rove, Condolleeza Rice, and Donald Rumsfeld.  There is nothing like cruising DuPont Circle, AKA the Fruit Loop, with a group of high-profile, faith-based Republicans.  Par-tay!  We're hoping to meet up with the Bush twins somewhere in the vicinity of the Washington Monument, where we'll all crack ourselves up making painfully obvious phallic jokes about that tall, thick, manly reminder of our nation's first president.  Of course, Condie always says, "Oh goodie, there's Washington's woody," but then she doesn't have much of a sense of humor.  We forgive her (and only include her) because of her keen fashion sense.  After a night of high amusement and entirely appropriate GOP-approved ribaldry, we'll hop off to bed with our assorted prostitutes, but only after first ensuring that the front desk staff remember that we need 10 am wake-up and 8 am security detail clean-up calls.  We haven't forgotten what happened to good old Dick Morris!

Now, for you visionaries who are worried about our immortal souls, don't.  John Ashcroft has promised to absolve us over champagne brunch at the Watergate Hotel.

Memories are made of this . . . sing it, Dino!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com