[Vision2020] A Start

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Nov 3 14:48:20 PST 2004

My posting was intended to smell a bit of sarcasm.  The Patriot Act that
King George wants extended and expanded may do just that.

When the local thought police confiscate your property and freedoms all in
the name of the War on Terror, you might find some solitude in remembering
what it was like when you had rights.  And when the 2,000th American soldier
is killed in Iraq as you send your son or daughter to fight and die in Iran,
perhaps then you will question King George's motives.  And when you find
yourself deciding between refilling your medical prescriptions or buying
groceries for the next week or two, maybe socialized medicine will not sound
so bad.  Maybe you will also remember when integrity was commonplace in the
White House and not merely something talked about on election day.

One thing that King George lost sight of is that tomorrow is always more
important than today.

Until then take care and keep your powder dry,

Tom Hansen

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.

  _____