[Vision2020] A Start

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 14:03:04 PST 2004

Tom,

I expect that Bush and company are just going to
steamroll ahead with their conservative agenda for at
the least the next two years and, depending on the
2006 mid-term election results, could continue full
steam ahead until 2008.

Decision 2004 was several magnitudes worse than I
could have ever imagined.  Bush winning by a few
million votes and receiving over 50% of the ballots
cast was bad enough, but he also picked up seats in
the Senate and the House and knocked out the Senate
minority leader.  It was a total annihilation of the
Democrats.

And I'm not writing this to start a flame war.  I wish
that the country was divided...enough so that we had
the Republicans controlling Congress and the Democrats
controlling the White House (or vice versa).
Unfortunately, the electorate has delivered a mandate
to Bush and Company.

-Scott